Tuesday 5 June 2012

breaker brothers - weekly event

How can something sooo cute be sooo destructive?


My boys are like human wrecking balls or the Brisbane river during a flood - they destroy everything in their path. I don't know why this is so. I'm thinking I should put the whole reno on hold and wait until they have left home. Or maybe I should just construct a building made entirely of concrete - that way that can't break anything and I could just hose it out at the end of the day. Perfect!

I went to a lot of trouble (and money) decorating their rooms. Not long ago, my boys destroyed their beautiful Red Plum Linen lamp by tipping over the tall boy it was sitting on and crushing it. I reluctantly replaced it.

Yesterday morning, No 2 decided to turn his bedside lamp on, turn it upside down and stuff it with items of clothing. I was woken at 6am by our eldest (who happens to have the nose of a bloodhound) screaming that there was a smell of burning muffins in his room, which he happens to share with No 2. His new woollen beanie was just starting to "singe". Luckily it didn't end up being a catastrophe, but the lamp has been now been removed.


Are all boys like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment